26 Oct Arkay Contracting is hiring General & Skilled Labourers in Vancouver
Arkay Contracting is searching for reliable skilled people to join our team. If you want steady long term work please read below.
The primary responsibility for the General & Skilled Labourer is to complete the tasks outlined by their supervisor to allow construction to move forward on the site.
General & Skilled Labourers do a variety of tasks involving physical labour. Tasks may include:
- Using a variety of hand and power tools
- Stripping and disassembly of concrete forms
- Setting up and taking down of ladders, planks, scaffolding, staging and temporary structures
- Set up/ operation of water removal pumps and hoses
- Setting up/ building and removal of temporary safety barriers and hand railings
- Various carpentry related tasks including: Back framing, Frame checking, Steel stud framing
- Installs insulation and vapour barrier
- Knowledge in measuring and snapping lines and assisting in layout
- Load, unload, or move building materials to the appropriate locations.
- Compact and level earth to grade, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes.
- Keep the job site clean and organized – shoveling, sweeping and vacuuming.
- Assist other workers as required.
Keys to Success:
- Reliable / Diligent / Phyically Fit
- Ability to follow instructions
- Clear communicator
- Has own tools including tool pouch, hammer, nail puller, measuring tape, square, screw gun
Certifications/ Safety Training:
- Fall Protection
The below are an asset:
- OFA 1, 2 or 3
- Zoom Boom
- Skid Steer
- Ariel Lift
- Competitive wages to start depending on experience ($18 to $25+)
- Benefits available after 4 months
- Company supported training
Full Time Monday to Friday (benefits after 4 months).
If you are looking for long term stable work then APPLY NOW