17 Feb Arkay Contracting is hiring General Labourers in the Greater Vancouver
Arkay Contracting is looking for reliable people to join our team. If you want steady long term work please read below.
The primary responsibility for the General Labourer is to support the superintendent and foreman as requested to keep the site is moving forward.
Health & Entry Requirements:
- Healthy & physically fit
- Good hearing
- Able to perform manual labour for several hours at a time
- Minimum 18 years old
- Possess a valid SIN #
- English skills sufficient to understand a Site Safety Orientation
- Follow site safety rules.
- Follow instructions from Foreman & Superintendents.
- Complete tasks as required.
- Stay on task.
- Ask questions.
- Listen and be observant.
General Labourers do a variety of tasks involving physical labour. Tasks may include:
- Keep the job site clean and organized – shoveling, sweeping and vacuuming.
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations.
- Operate hand and power tools of all types.
- Clean up rubble, debris and other waste materials to eliminate possible hazards.
- Dig ditches, holes or trenches,
- Backfill excavations
- Compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes.
- Tend pumps, compressors, or generators that provide power for tools, machinery, or equipment.
- Control or direct traffic on the site.
- Assist other workers as required.
Keys to Success:
- Ability to follow instructions
- Clear communicator
- Physically fit
Click here to apply online.